About Me

I'm just someone struggling against my own inertia to be creative. My current favorite book is "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Am I web 2.0 now?

Okay so I have a blog now. perhaps unlike the thousands of other people who also have blogs, I don't expect anyone to read this. (But if you are reading this, I'm deeply sorry.) Why did I start this blog? Because I have too many ideas in my head to keep track of. I don't have enough time to implement all of them, but I also don't want my ideas to pass silently into oblivion either. I have tried windows notepad files. I've tried mac stickies. I've tried livejournaling. I've tried physical notebooks, and the running thread is that I have too many systems for recording ideas, and my head is busting at the seams.

Who am I? Who is anyone? How is a person defined? Is a person the sum of their experiences? Is a person the resume of things they have accomplished, the list of jobs they've held? Is a person a composite of the thoughts and opinions they hold? Is it the unique matrix which defines how a person responds to perceptual events, their personality? I am barely a person by any of these standards, but I exist anyway, so I may as well make the best of it, until I die or something kills me. I am just a person who has ideas.

No comments: